- Anti-Microbial Properties – Ancient Ayurvedic scriptures mention that storing water in copper vessels can help kill harmful bacteria and microbes. This is due to the oligodynamic effect of copper, which can be toxic to some microorganisms.
- Balances the Doshas – Ayurveda believes that copper has properties that balance the three doshas (Vata, Pitta, Kapha) in the human body, leading to overall well-being.
- Mineral Supplementation – Drinking water stored in a copper lota may result in water-absorbing small amounts of copper, which can act as a dietary source of this essential mineral.
- Digestive Health – Traditional beliefs suggest that drinking water from a copper vessel can help in digestion, aid in weight loss, and detoxify the body. It's thought to help regulate liver and kidney function and ensure the absorption of nutrients.
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties – Copper is believed to have anti-inflammatory effects which can benefit people with conditions like arthritis and other inflammatory diseases.
- Aesthetic and Cultural Value – Copper lotas have a distinct aesthetic appeal due to their shine and elegance.
- Durability – Copper is a durable material, and with proper care, a copper lota can last a long time without degrading.
The copper lota, often interchangeably referred to as copper kalash or tamba kalash, is a traditional Indian vessel with both functional and spiritual significance. Made from pure copper, the copper lota is revered for its Ayurvedic health benefits, such as its anti-microbial properties which are essential to keep yourself healthy and away from diseases.
Many people today opt to purchase a copper kalash online and Organic Gyaan gives you the convenience of shopping for copper lota from the comfort of your home. Our copper lota price is also the best in the market as it is made from pure copper. Apart from its health benefits, the pure copper lota is also an essential component in various religious and cultural ceremonies across India.
Its lustrous appearance combined with its multifaceted uses makes it a prized possession in many households. Whether you're looking to enhance your daily rituals or embrace its health properties, the copper lota is a timeless piece that resonates with both tradition and modernity.
How To Use Copper Lota?
Instructions to Use:
• Before using a new copper lota, rinse it thoroughly with clean water to remove any dust, dirt, or residual substances.
• Fill the lota with clean water. Copper is a safe material for storing water, but make sure the water is suitable for consumption.
• When using the lota to pour water, tilt it gently and pour slowly to control the flow.
• Avoid using abrasive scrubbers or chemically infused dishwashing liquid/soap on the copper lota, as these can damage the finish and affect its patina.
Instructions To Clean:
• Make a paste using equal parts salt and either lemon juice or white vinegar.
• Apply the paste to the tarnished areas of the lota.
• Let it sit for 20-30 minutes.
• Using a soft cotton cloth, gently rub the paste in a circular motion.
• Rinse the lota thoroughly with clean water.
• Dry it completely with a soft towel.
Instructions To Store:
• Store copper lota in a cool, dry place. Avoid places with high humidity, as moisture can accelerate tarnishing.
• If you're storing it for a longer period, consider wrapping it in acid-free tissue paper or a soft cotton cloth.
• Avoid using plastic bags as they can trap moisture.