Healthy & Delicious: Til Ke Laddu - A Power-Packed Sweet Snack
If you’re a fan of Indian sweets and snacks, then you must have heard of til ke laddu.
Til Ke laddus, also known as sesame seed laddus or tilgul laddus, is a traditional Indian sweet. They have a unique flavour that comes from the combination of sesame seeds and jaggery. The texture of the laddus is also very unique due to its crunchiness from the sesame seeds combined with the sweetness of jaggery. They are often served as prasad or offerings to gods during religious ceremonies. This delicious treat is commonly made during the winter months and is considered a winter delicacy in many parts of India.
Til ke laddus have been gaining immense popularity in recent years. This is mainly because of their delectable taste and health benefits. The sesame seeds used to make laddus are rich in calcium, iron, and other essential minerals. They are also high in protein and fibre which makes them an ideal snack for those looking to maintain a healthy diet. Additionally, til ke laddus are easy to make and can be enjoyed by people of all ages. Therefore, it is no surprise that they have become so popular among Indians as well as people from other countries.
Significance of Til Ke Laddus during Festivals
Til ke laddus have been around for centuries, with their origin dating back to the Vedic period. They are made from sesame seeds which have been associated with health benefits since ancient times.
But mostly it is consumed during the Indian festival of Makar Sankranti, which typically falls in the month of January. The festival marks the end of the winter solstice and the start of the sun's northward journey. Til ke laddus are believed to have symbolic significance in Hindu culture, as the sesame seeds and jaggery represent the sun and the earth, respectively. The round shape of the laddus also symbolizes the cyclical nature of time and the continuity of life.
Additionally, the sweet taste of the laddus is believed to signify the sweet start of a new year. They are found in almost every household also during festivals like Diwali, Raksha Bandhan, Holi, Makar Sankranti, etc.
How to Make the Perfect Til Ke Laddus – A Step-By-Step Recipe
Making the perfect til ke laddus require some skills and knowledge, but with this step-by-step recipe, you can make your own delicious laddus in no time! Follow this guide to learn how to make the perfect til ke laddus - from choosing the right ingredients to shaping them into perfectly round laddus.
Heat a pan over medium flame and dry roast the sesame seeds until they start to crackle and turn golden brown. Remove from heat and let cool.
In the same pan, add the organic jaggery and heat it until it melts and forms a thick syrup. Mix the roasted sesame seeds and peanuts into the syrup.
Add 1 tsp of A2 Gir cow ghee to the mixture and stir well.
When the mixture cools down enough to handle, take small portions and make balls from it.
Your til ke laddus are ready to serve. You can store the laddu in an airtight container for up to a week.
Note: You can also add other ingredients such as dry fruits like almonds, cashews, or coconut to enhance the taste. You can also add powdered cardamom or nutmeg to give it a rich flavour.
Health Benefits of Til Ke Laddus – Nutrition, Facts & More
Til ke laddus, being made from sesame seeds, organic jaggery, and peanuts, are rich in various nutrients and has some amazing health benefits:
1. Rich in Iron: Til ke laddus are made with sesame seeds, which are a good source of iron. Consuming til ke laddus can help in preventing anemia and maintain healthy blood levels.
2. Good for Heart Health: Sesame seeds are rich in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, which are known to lower cholesterol levels and improve cardiovascular health.
3. Boosts Energy: The combination of sesame seeds and jaggery in til ke laddus provides a good source of energy. It is a great snack to have during the day to keep you going.
4. Rich in Calcium: Sesame seeds are a good source of calcium, which is essential for strong bones and teeth. Consuming til ke laddus can help in maintaining bone health.
5. Good for Digestion: Sesame seeds are rich in fibre, which aids in digestion and prevents constipation.
6. Anti-inflammatory Properties: Sesame seeds contain magnesium and copper which have anti-inflammatory properties that can help in reducing pain and inflammation in the body.
7. Good for Skin: Sesame seeds are rich in vitamins E and B, which are known to improve skin health. Consuming til ke laddus can help in maintaining healthy and glowing skin.
8. Good for Weight Loss: Sesame seeds, the main ingredient in til ke laddus, are high in fibre and help keep you feeling full for longer periods of time, reducing the likelihood of overeating and promoting weight loss.
Sesame seeds also contain sesamin and sesamolin which are lignans that are known to have fat-burning properties. They are known to increase the activity of enzymes that break down fat and reduce the absorption of fat in the gut.
The unique flavour of til ke laddus makes them an irresistible treat for everyone. Their simple yet delicious recipe makes them the perfect way to end any meal or snack. This traditional Indian sweet dish is sure to please your taste buds and leave you wanting more.
For a more flavorful experience, try ours til ke laddus made with A2 cow ghee, organic jaggery and lots of love. The combination of these two ingredients gives these laddus a distinct flavour and texture. So, if you're looking for something unique to serve your guests, why not try ours til ke laddus with A2 cow ghee and jaggery? We promise you won't be disappointed!