Unveiling the Evidence: 6 Scientifically Proven Benefits of Raisin Water
Raisins, commonly known as (Kismis), is a dried fruit made from varieties of grapes. Raisins are one of those popular dry fruits which are widely used in Indian kitchens. They are extremely healthy, nutritious and delicious. The best way to consume these yummy raisins is either raw or soaked. Therefore, the water in which you have soaked your raisins is beneficial same as those in soaked raisins. In this blog, you’re going to know about raisins, their benefits and much more. So, let’s get started!
Raisins are a healthier alternative to sugary treats and refined sugar sweets. Raisins are nutritious as you read above but what makes them so nutritious? Let us know.
Nutritional Profile as per (165 grams of raisins):
|Nutrient||Amount per Serving|
|Vitamin C||7.83 milligrams|
Raisin’s calories are low which makes it a great snack to curb your sweet cravings without gaining that extra calorie. Raisins are a good source of soluble Fibre and tartaric acid. Thus, below are some raisins benefits that you must know –
1. Helps in Digestion: Raisins contain Fibre that starts to swell in the presence of water which gives a laxative effect to the stomach and helps in releasing constipation. Eating a few raisins every day is good for your stomach and helps improve digestion.
2. Helps against Anaemia: Iron is the essential element required for the formation of RBC (Red Blood Cells) and raisins are rich in iron, copper and potent vitamins which help in the formation of blood and carry oxygen throughout the body. Raisins can prevent anaemia.
3. Regulates Cholesterol Level: Raisin consumption can control bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol.
4. Boost Immunity: This little golden dry fruit is filled with many nutrients like vitamins, minerals, iron and calcium which help in boosting immunity and helps fight off infections.
5. Improves Bone Health: As you saw above that these raisins are filled with calcium which is required for Bone health and strength. And, another major nutrient required for bone health is Boron and raisins are rich in it too.
These were some health benefits of raisins that can make you healthy. But it doesn’t end here, what about the benefits of soaked raisins and raisin water? Well, not to worry you know everything about it below:
Benefits of Soaked Raisins
Soaked raisins prevent constipation and help in better digestion of food because they are a rich source of Fibre.
Soaked raisins help in weight loss.
Soaked raisins maintain blood sugar levels and don’t give you extra calories.
Eating soaked raisins in the morning can help in muscle building.
Soaked raisins contain Vitamin C which heals skin tissue and is super beneficial for overall skin health.
These were soaked raisins benefits. Isn’t it good that this little dry fruit can help us in so many ways and form? Absolutely they can. The benefit of raisins soaked in water is beneficial. The easiest way to incorporate them is by consuming kismis water. Thus, the following are some scientifically proven raisins water benefits.
Raisin Water Benefits
1. May Help with Insomnia: Nowadays, because of the busy lifestyle of people they are suffering from insomnia which is a sleep disorder. To overcome this problem, you can drink raisin water as it contains melatonin that helps in quick sleep.
2. Improve Hair Health: People don’t get time to eat or sleep properly and taking care of their hair is kind of impossible for them. However, raisin water helps to improve blood circulation further stimulating the hair follicles that take care of your hair and scalp.
3. Improve Immunity: Since raisin water contains antioxidants, it helps in boosting the immunity system and prevents several diseases and also improves gut health.
4. Regulate Acidity: Raisins have an anti-inflammatory property which improves intestinal function and regulates bacteria in the gut. Raisin water is great for your gut health.
5. Beneficial For the Liver: Soaked raisins aid in blood purification, boost the biochemical functions of the liver and remove toxins from the body. Therefore, drinking soaked raisin water at least once a day reduces the risk of heart disease and improves liver health.
There are many ways to use raisins in your diet and they are one of the best options to keep you healthy and fit. Here are some ideas to inculcate raisins in your regular diet are:
Top Your Salad
Substitute for Chocolate
Top Your Cereal or Yogurt
Add in mashed sweet potato
Apply peanut butter on the bread and sprinkle raisins on it
So, this was all about the benefits and some more benefits of raisins, soaked raisins and raisins water. But, what about the disadvantages?
Disadvantages of Eating Raisins
Well, there is no proper disadvantage to eating raisins if eaten in moderation. But, excess consumption of raisins can cause:
Itching in the mouth
Nausea in some cases
Can increase your blood pressure
And might cause the gastronomical issue
It is essential to eat raisins in moderation as they are high in sugar and can cause some side effects as you already read above. Raisins can be simply added to fruits and other dishes which can provide us with various nutrients and antioxidants. Regular consumption of raisins can keep your body healthy and fit. These dry grapes’ benefits are so helpful for your whole body including skin, digestion, eyes, acidity and overall health. Thus, raisins are a healthy food and are a must addition to one’s diet!