15 Foods to Strengthen the Immune System
From the early stage of our life, we have been taught good habits like washing hands, taking baths regularly, eating homemade food, and others. But only these things are not enough, we have to boost the immune system by adding some special foods that will help with this. Foods rich in nutrients will help to improve the immune system so that your body will create a barrier against contagious invaders.
Foods such as turmeric, and yoghurt can experience faster recovery from heals and wounds as immunity-boosting properties stimulate the healing process. Explore the entire range of foods that can make your immunity system stronger and keep you active for a longer time. Include the top 15 foods that can improve your body’s natural defence system and keep you away from infections.
What is the Immune System and Why it is Necessary?
The human immune system is a complex system of cells and organs that protect our body from infections by distinguishing healthy cells from not-so-healthy ones. When a germ enters the body, this immune system receives a signal that something is not right. Then the body sends soldier cells or white blood cells to the frontline to attack and destroy anything that is causing a potential risk to the body. This is a very hard process and a stronger immune system can keep you healthy. Food and a healthy lifestyle may contribute to boosting the immune system fast.
What are the Top 15 Foods that boost Immune System?
Nature is full of healthy foods that can contribute to boosting the immune system fast. Include these 15 foods in your daily diet that keep your body ready to fight against infections:
1. Millets: Millets are rich in vitamins, and proteins, and high in fibre. They also contain essential minerals like magnesium, which is known to improve immune response.
2. A2 Cow Ghee (Clarified Butter): A2 cow ghee is a good source of healthy fats and vitamins A, E, and K, which help in enhancing body immunity.
3. Turmeric Powder: Turmeric contains curcumin, a compound that has strong anti-inflammatory properties and can boost the immune system.
4. Ashwagandha Powder: Ashwagandha is an ancient medicinal herb that can boost your body's defense against disease by improving your immune cells.
5. Amla (Indian Gooseberry) Powder: Amla is very high in vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant that can boost your immune system.
6. Moringa Powder: Moringa leaves are rich in many important nutrients, including protein, vitamin B6, vitamin C, and iron, which are crucial for immune health.
7. Spinach: Spinach is packed with numerous antioxidants and beta carotene, which can increase the infection-fighting ability of our immune system.
8. Almonds: They are packed with vitamin E and also contain manganese, magnesium, and fibre. A small handful or a quarter of a cup of almonds is a healthful snack that may benefit the immune system.
9. Sunflower Seeds: These seeds are full of nutrients, including phosphorous, magnesium, vitamin B-6, and vitamin E, which are important in regulating and maintaining immune system function.
10. Blueberries: Blueberries are considered immune-boosting superfoods featuring flavonoids. With these antioxidants, one can reduce the damage to cells and boost the immune system. Apart from this, blueberries are enriched with vitamins A, C, potassium, manganese, and dietary fibre. So, these humble little fruits can be a tasty yet healthy option for improving the immune system.
11. Oats and Barley: Grains like oats and barley are enriched with beta-glucan fibre can enhance your body’s immune system to fight against contracts like influenza, and herpes, speeding wound healing and may help antibiotics to perform better.
12. Citrus Fruits: Citrus fruits like oranges, grapefruits, tangerines, lemons, limes, and clementines are high in vitamin C, which is known to boost the immune system.
13. Ginger: Ginger may help decrease inflammation, which can support the immune system. Gingerol, the main bioactive compound in ginger, is known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
14. Yogurt: Probiotics, found in yoghurt and other fermented foods, can boost the immune system. Yoghurt can also be a good source of vitamin D, which can help regulate the immune system.
15. Water: Last but not least, water is the best food that can play a significant role in improving the immune system. Wondered? Drinking a sufficient amount of water can help to lose mucus from your sinuses. Also, drinking at least 8 glasses of water can keep your body well-hydrated and may help the body’s natural immune system to work efficiently.
Improving the body’s immune system has gained lots of attention, especially after the pandemic. Everybody has become conscious about the food we eat, lifestyle changes, and exercise. Minor infections are making our body weak if we have not gained a good immune system. So, to make our body strong and boost our immune system, the above-mentioned foods will contribute a major share. Make a healthy inclusion of these foods to your regular diet and give back an extra illness-fighting punch!