The 18th century saw the beginning of India's popularity with its national dish, rice. Because of frequent famines, the nation was in a dire situation, to bring about additional food plants to prevent hunger. A rice diet was approved by the British and implemented together with wheat and ragi after considerable deliberation. Since then, there has been no turning back, as rice has subtly solidified its position in our everyday meals and diets.
White Sona Masoori rice is extremely well-liked for its superior quality. High-yielding, medium-grain rice called white sona masoori is mostly grown in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Karnataka. It is a cross between the Sona and Masoori varieties of rice. Although white Sona Masoori rice combines the best qualities of both types, Sona and Masoori rice are both highly popular in India.
Organic Gyaan offers you premium quality white sona masoori rice which is organic, flavourful, fluffy, light, and filled with nutrients. It is rich in proteins, carbs, and manganese. They are unpolished as well as gluten-free. So, if you are super health-conscious it is the best option to choose our raw white sonamasuri rice since it is full of vital nutrients, vitamins, and minerals.
Sona Masoori White Rice Benefits
- White sona masoori rice contains methionine which is a kind of amino acid. It helps detoxifies the liver and supports healthy skin.
- It is also a rich source of carbs which increases energy in your body. Not only that, it also helps to boost metabolism.
- White sona masoori rice is a good source of resistant starch that improves the digestive system as well as helps lower bad cholesterol.
- It also has a low glycemic index that helps regulate sugar levels in the body.
Sona Masoori White Rice Uses
- It can be used to make a plain pot of rice or flavored with herbs
- Can be made with simple vegetable pulao or khichdi
- You can enjoy this rice with rasam, sambhar, or vegetable curry.
- It can be also used to make a healthy sweet dish like Pongal and kheer.