Wheat semolina is made out of durum wheat. The texture of the wheat semolina is coarser, darker and has an earthy flavour. Wheat semolina is a healthier version and is very famous in India and consumed by almost every Indian. It has more protein and gluten content. It is also very high in fibre and slows digestion, hence keeping one full for a long time and lessening the hunger pangs.
Organic Gyaan offers you organic wheat semolina or suji which is of premium quality and taste. It is a rich source of various vitamins, minerals, protein and fibre which are super essential for overall body growth and health. Also, our wheat semolina is free of harmful chemicals and pesticides.
Our wheat semolina or suji is a healthier version to use to make various recipes such as cakes, bread, pies, upma, dosa, fritters and many more. Not only savoury dishes but wheat semolina can also be used to make sweet items such as sheera or halwa during various happy and auspicious occasions.
Wheat Semolina Health Benefits
- Wheat semolina is a rich source of folic acid which allows healthy development of the baby.
- It also has rich iron content which is super essential for generating new red blood cells in the body.
- Wheat semolina has a low glycaemic index thus it can be consumed to regulate sugar levels in the body.
- High protein content of wheat semolina is very beneficial for muscle strength and structure.
- Wheat semolina is also a rich source of dietary fibre which helps in weight management as well as improves the digestive system.
Wheat Semolina Uses
- Can be used to make various baked items such as bread, cakes, muffins, etc.
- Can be used to make pancakes.
- Can be used to make porridge.
- Can be used to make idli, dosa, upma & dhokla.
- Can be used to make sweet dishes like sheera, halwa, etc.