Benefits & More
- Good for teeth and gums
- Aid in healthy digestion
- May prevent infections
- May help control sugar levels
- Supports Immunity
- Rich Source of Vitamin C and B Vitamins
- Contains Magnesium, Potassium and Iron
- Rich Source of Protein and Fibre
- Organic Tamarind Powder
- Pure, Natural and Nutritious
- Premium quality Dried Tamarind Powder
Tamarind is sweet, astringent and sour in taste. It is beneficial to balance Kapha and Vata dosh due to their hot potency. Not only for culinary but tamarind powder also known as imli powder or tamarind seed powder, has many medicinal properties that can be beneficial for overall health.
Organic Gyaan offers you original tamarind powder online. Our tamarind powder price or imli powder price is the best in the market as it is the best in quality and authentic in taste. Tamarind seed powder or imli beej powder is loaded with amazing nutrients, vitamins and minerals such as – Vitamin C, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B3, Potassium, magnesium, iron and phosphorus.
Tamarind Powder/ Imli Powder Benefits for Health
- Rubbing tamarind powder or imli powder on your teeth and gums can help improve its quality.
- Being rich in dietary fibre, tamarind seed powder is a natural remedy for improved digestion.
- Tamarind powder has anti-bacterial properties that may help protect you from infections.
- Drinking imli beej powder with water may help manage blood sugar levels naturally.
- Tamarind contains potassium which is very good for heart health.
Tamarind Seeds Powder Uses:
- To add a tangy flavour to sauces, chutneys, lentils and legumes dishes, pickles, etc.
- Can also be used to add flavour to BBQ sauces, ketchup, pizza sauces and seasonings.
- A sour spice herb to add to beverages and smoothies.
- Add in curries and marinades.
What is tamarind powder?
Tamarind powder is a spice made from the dried pulp of the tamarind fruit. The fruit is native to tropical regions of Africa, but it is also grown in other parts of the world, including Asia and South America. The pulp of the fruit is dried and then ground into a powder, which can be used as a flavoring in many different types of dishes.
What does tamarind powder taste like?
Tamarind powder has a tangy, sour flavor, similar to that of lemons or limes. It also has a slightly sweet taste, which makes it a popular ingredient in sweet and sour dishes. Some people describe the flavor of tamarind as slightly fruity or floral.
How is tamarind powder used in cooking?
Tamarind powder is a versatile spice that can be used in many different types of dishes. It is often used in Indian, Thai, and other Southeast Asian cuisines to add sourness to curries, soups, and sauces. It can also be used to flavor marinades, chutneys, and pickles. In some parts of the world, tamarind powder is even used as a seasoning for snacks and street foods.
How should I store tamarind powder?
Tamarind powder should be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place, away from light and moisture. Properly stored tamarind powder can last for up to a year, but it may begin to lose its flavor over time. If the powder begins to smell or taste off, it should be discarded.
Tamarind powder has several potential health benefits due to its nutritional profile and active compounds. Here are some of the potential health benefits of using tamarind powder:
- May aid in digestion: Tamarind contains dietary fiber and natural laxatives that may help promote regular bowel movements and prevent constipation. It may also help reduce inflammation in the gut and improve overall digestion.
- Rich in antioxidants: Tamarind powder is a good source of antioxidants such as vitamin C, which can help protect the body against oxidative stress and damage from free radicals.
- May help lower cholesterol: Tamarind powder contains compounds called polyphenols and flavonoids that may help reduce LDL or "bad" cholesterol levels in the blood.
- May help regulate blood sugar: Tamarind powder contains a type of fiber called pectin, which may help regulate blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivity.
- May have anti-inflammatory properties: Tamarind contains compounds such as polyphenols, flavonoids, and alkaloids that have been shown to have anti-inflammatory effects in the body, which may help reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as arthritis and heart disease.
It's important to note that while tamarind powder has potential health benefits, it should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. As with any new addition to your diet, it's a good idea to consult with a healthcare professional before incorporating tamarind powder into your routine.