Benefits & More
- Rich in Antioxidants – Ceylon cinnamon is loaded with powerful antioxidants, such as polyphenols, that protect the body from oxidative damage caused by free radicals.
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties – It may help fight infections and repair tissue damage.
- May Lower Blood Sugar Levels – Ceylon cinnamon can interfere with numerous digestive enzymes, slowing the breakdown of carbohydrates in the digestive tract, which may help in regulating sugar levels.
- Less Coumarin: Compared to Cassia cinnamon, Ceylon cinnamon has less coumarin.
- Fights Bacterial and Fungal Infections: Cinnamaldehyde, one of the main active components of cinnamon, may help fight various kinds of infection.
Sri Lankan cinnamon, also known as Ceylon cinnamon, is a highly sought-after spice worldwide due to its unique qualities. These Ceylon cinnamon sticks, which are softer and crumblier than the common variety, are known for their delicate flavour, appealing aroma, and a multitude of health benefits. Traditionally rolled by hand, Sri Lankan rolled cinnamon features multiple thin layers of bark, giving it a distinctive, tightly-rolled "quill" structure.
At Organic Gyaan, we offer you original sri lankan cinnamon sticks that are sourced from Sri Lanka. Also, our sri lankan cinnamon price is the best in the market due to its premium quality as well as hygienically packed.
Ceylon Cinnamon Sticks Benefits for Health:
- High antioxidant and thus helps your body from damage from free radicals.
- It has the potential to improve insulin sensitivity
- It also has lower coumarin content compared to other varieties, thus making it a healthier choice
- There are some compounds found in ceylon cinnamon that are beneficial for your neurological health.
- Ceylon cinnamon may also contribute to improved heart health as it may reduce levels of "bad" LDL cholesterol and triglycerides, while "good" HDL cholesterol remains stable.
Ceylon Cinnamon Sticks Uses
- Used in sweet and savoury dishes.
- Can be used in teas, pies, cinnamon rolls
- Due to its antimicrobial properties, Ceylon cinnamon is used as a natural food preservative.
- Cinnamon has been used as a natural method for repelling insects such as ants and mosquitoes.