We all want to lead healthy lives and adopt a nutritious diet. Every day, what we put into our bodies has an effect on how we feel and function. This is why we want to take into account wholesome meals like jowar flour. Jowar flour is also known as sorghum flour. It is healthy, delicious, and absolutely gluten-free.
As per Ayurveda, Jowar is generally madhura and kashaya in rasa and is easily digestible (laghu). It can pacify the Vata and Kapha dosha and has a cold potency (Sheeta Virya). The myriad of essential nutrients in jowar include iron, calcium, potassium, phosphorus and manganese. It is also a rich source of vitamins, protein, and fibre that are essential for the body. Organic Gyaan offers premium-quality jowar flour which is natural, made from unpolished jowar whole grains, and gluten-free.
Sorghum Flour/Jowar Flour Health Benefits
- It’s a gluten-free flour that helps in the digestive system.
- Jowar is also fibre rich and thus lowers the risk of obesity, high blood pressure, cardiac disease, and digestive problems.
- Consuming jowar flour in your meals also helps in regenerating cells because it is high in protein and iron.
- Helps in weight management as well as they are also super beneficial for bones.
Sorghum/Jowar Flour Uses
- Rotis or flatbreads
- Dosas or crepes
- Bhakri or Indian bread
- Baked goods such as cakes and cookies