Pearl millet flour is a type of flour made from ground pearl millet grains. This cereal grain is native to Africa and has been a staple food in many countries in that region for thousands of years. It is also known as bajra in India, where it is widely consumed. Pearl millet is considered a nutritious grain, as it is high in protein, dietary fibre, and several essential vitamins and minerals.
Organic Gyaan offers you premium quality pearl millet flour which is also known as bajra ka atta. It is typically used to make flatbreads, such as roti, parathas, puris, etc. It can also be used as a substitute for wheat flour in baked goods, although it has a slightly coarser texture and a nutty, slightly sweet flavour that can change the taste of baked goods. Additionally, pearl millet flour is gluten-free, making it a good alternative for those with celiac disease or gluten intolerance.
The flour is easy to digest and has a low glycemic index, making it a good option for people with diabetes or who are looking to manage their blood sugar levels. It is also considered a heart-healthy food, as it is low in saturated fat and cholesterol.
Pearl Millet/Bajra Flour Health Benefits
- Bajra flour is a good source of vitamins and minerals, including iron, calcium, and phosphorus.
- It is gluten-free, making it a suitable alternative for people with celiac disease or gluten intolerance.
- Pearl millet flour is high in fibre, which promotes digestion and prevents constipation.
- The slow digestion of bajra flour helps regulate blood sugar levels, making it a good option for people with diabetes.
- Bajra flour is low in saturated fat and cholesterol, and high in antioxidants, which can help improve heart health.
- The high fibre content in bajra flour can help you feel full and satisfied, making it easier to maintain a healthy weight.