- Weight Management – Due to its high fibre content, it can help you feel full for a longer period, thereby aiding in weight management.
- Heart Health – Little millet is known to have beneficial effects on heart health due to its high fibre and low saturated fat content.
- Bone Health – It contains essential minerals that are beneficial for bone health, making it a good choice for all age groups.
- Antioxidant Properties – Little millet is rich in antioxidants, which help in fighting free radicals in the body, thereby reducing oxidative stress.
- Low Glycemic Index – The low glycemic index of little millet makes it suitable for those managing diabetes. It can help in regulating blood sugar levels.
Little millet rava, also known as "saamai" rava in some regions, is a nutritious alternative to traditional rava and suji. Made by grinding little millet grains, this gluten free rava has gained popularity for its health benefits and culinary versatility. One of the key advantages of opting for millet rava over regular rava is its gluten-free nature, making it a go-to choice for individuals with celiac disease or gluten sensitivities.
Nutritionally, little millet rava is a powerhouse. It is rich in essential minerals like phosphorus and potassium, as well as vitamins and antioxidants. Moreover, the high fibre content promotes better digestion and weight management, while its low glycemic index makes it suitable for diabetics. It is also a good source of plant-based protein, making it an excellent choice for vegetarians and vegans.
Organic Gyaan offers you millet rava online to incorporate this wholesome ingredient into your diet. With a few clicks, you can have this nutritious rava delivered right to your doorstep. Whether you're making a traditional upma, a morning porridge, or even desserts, substituting regular rava with little millet rava can add a nutritional boost to your dishes.
So, the next time you're looking to buy rava, consider opting for little millet rava to make your meals not only delicious but also nutrient-dense. With its health benefits and ease of availability online, little millet rava is certainly worth incorporating into your diet.
Little Millet Rava / Saamai Uses
- You can prepare a nutritious upma using little millet rava, spiced with green chillies, and mustard seeds, and garnished with fresh coriander.
- You can use little millet rava to make softer idlis and crispy dosas.
- Little millet rava can be used to make a wholesome khichdi combined with lentils and vegetables, spiced with turmeric and cumin.
- You can make a guilt-free halwa using little millet rava, sweetened with organic jaggery and flavoured with cardamom.