- Rich in Nutrients – Kodo millet is a good source of essential nutrients like phosphorus, magnesium, and manganese. These play an essential role in bone health, energy production, and antioxidant functions.
- Low Glycemic Index – Compared to rice, Kodo millet has a lower glycemic index. This means it releases sugar into the bloodstream at a slower rate, which can be beneficial for people with diabetes.
- Gluten-free – For those with gluten intolerance or celiac disease, Kodo millet poha is a great gluten-free breakfast option.
- Weight Management – The dietary fibre content in Kodo millet can promote a feeling of fullness and can assist in weight management by reducing unnecessary snacking.
- Digestive Health – The fibre in Kodo millet supports digestive health, potentially reducing the risk of problems like constipation.
- Heart Health – Millets can help in reducing bad cholesterol levels in the body, promoting heart health.
- Antioxidant Properties – Kodo millet contains polyphenols and tannins which have antioxidant properties. Antioxidants play a role in neutralizing free radicals, which can prevent cell damage and reduce the risk of certain chronic diseases.
Kodo millet poha, also known as Arikelu in some regions, is a delightful twist on the traditional rice-based poha. Made from kodo millet flakes, this dish is a convergence of taste and health. Kodo millet, or arikelu, a grain with ancient roots, brings to the table a rich palette of nutrients, enhancing the poha nutritional value manifold.
For those exploring healthier breakfast options, millet poha made from kodo millet flakes is an excellent choice. The millet poha flakes, when cooked, imbue the dish with a unique texture and flavour that stands apart from regular rice poha. Furthermore, the versatility of kodo millet allows it to seamlessly integrate with various ingredients, paving the way for numerous millet flakes recipes.
With its robust nutritional profile, including essential minerals and fibre, kodo millet poha not only satiates the morning hunger but also ensures a health-packed start to the day as kodo millet poha gluten free. In essence, for those seeking a blend of tradition and nutrition, you can buy millet poha online at the Organic Gyaan online store, particularly when made from kodo millet flakes, which offers the perfect culinary experience.
How To Use Arikelu/ Kodo Millet Poha?
- Wash the Kodo millet poha in a sieve under running water. Let it sit for about 10 minutes to soften & then you can make a healthy breakfast of poha.
- You can also make breakfast porridge from kodo millet flakes by soaking the flakes for a few minutes & then cooking in milk.
- You can use kodo millet poha in millet salad mixed with veggies, beans and chickpeas.
- You can use kodo millet flakes for crispy snacks like chivda to add that extra healthy crunch