Benefits & More
- Rich Source of Vitamin B1 - Help Support Nervous System
- Good Source of Iron & Calcium - Support bone health
- Rich In Fibre - Good for improved digestion
- Contains Potent Amino Acids - May help lower blood cholesterol
- Contains Tryptophan - Supports healthy weight management
- Low Glycemic Index - Helps regulate sugar levels
- Good for Cardiac health
- May help support and build stronger immunity
A fantastic addition to your diet, foxtail millet flour or foxtail flour is a nutritional powerhouse. Being nutrient-dense it can be a great addition to your daily meals. This foxtail millet atta is super high in protein, fibre, iron, and other vital minerals and vitamins needed for your body in everyday life.
Foxtail millet flour is also popularly known as kangni flour or kangni ka atta. It is gluten-free flour and can be added to your diet if you are gluten intolerant! Furthermore, if you are also looking for something heart-healthy then adding foxtail millet flour to your diet is a must. This historic grain is a well-liked staple worldwide and is gaining popularity as a meal promoting good health.
Thus, Organic Gyaan offers superior quality foxtail millet flour or kangni ka atta, gluten-free atta which can be used to make rotis, parathas, puris, sweet dishes, breakfast dishes such as idli, dosa and so much more.
Foxtail Millet Flour Health Benefits
- Being a rich source of Vitamin B1, consuming foxtail flour in your diet will support your heart health.
- It is also a rich source of protein that helps in the proper functioning of the nervous system.
- Foxtail millet flour is also a great source of dietary fibre which helps drastically in weight management. It contains Tryptophan which helps in slower digestion and thus prevents consuming the extra calories.
- Foxtail millet atta has a low glycemic index which means it regulates blood sugar levels in the body, unlike wheat and rice.
- Foxtail millet contains amino acids that trigger the formation of collagen which in turn helps to improve skin health.
- It also supports healthy digestion, stronger immunity as well as support bone health.
Foxtail Millet is also known by other names such as:
- Foxtail Millet in Hindi is Kangni
- Foxtail Millet in Tamil is Thinai
- Foxtail Millet in Telugu is Korra
- Foxtail Millet in Kannada is Navane
- Foxtail Millet in Oriya is Kanghu
- Foxtail Millet in Assamese is Kaon
What is foxtail millet flour?
Foxtail millet flour is a type of flour made from ground foxtail millet grains. Foxtail millet is a type of millet that is commonly grown in Asia and is known for its small, oval-shaped grains.
Is foxtail millet flour gluten-free?
Yes, foxtail millet flour is naturally gluten-free, making it a great option for those with gluten sensitivities or celiac disease.
What are the nutritional benefits of foxtail millet flour?
Foxtail millet flour is high in fiber, protein, and a variety of important nutrients such as magnesium, phosphorus, and zinc. It also has a low glycemic index, which means it can help regulate blood sugar levels.
How can foxtail millet flour be used in cooking?
Foxtail millet flour can be used in a variety of dishes, including baked goods like bread and muffins, as well as in pancakes, dosas, and other savory dishes. It can also be used as a thickener for soups and stews.
How should foxtail millet flour be stored?
Foxtail millet flour should be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. It can also be stored in the refrigerator or freezer to extend its shelf life.
Are there any precautions I should take when using foxtail millet flour?
Foxtail millet flour may be more difficult to work with than wheat flour, as it does not contain gluten. When using it in recipes, it may be necessary to adjust the ratio of liquid to flour or to add a binding agent like xanthan gum. Additionally, some people may have allergies or sensitivities to millet, so it is important to monitor for any adverse reactions.