- Eco-Friendly – Cow dung is a biodegradable material. By using cow dung diyas, one can reduce the consumption of synthetic and non-biodegradable materials, leading to a lesser environmental footprint.
- Religious Significance – In Hindu culture, cow dung is considered pure and sacred. Using a cow dung diya in religious ceremonies is believed to bring blessings and prosperity.
- Natural Ingredients – Traditionally, cow dung diyas use ghee as fuel, which is also a natural and pure ingredient. Burning ghee is believed to purify the environment and is often linked with spiritual and religious practices.
- Air Purifying – It's believed by some that burning cow dung can purify the air, eliminating harmful pathogens.
- Emits Lesser Soot – Cow dung diyas, especially when ghee is used as fuel, produce lesser soot compared to some other oil-based lamps, leading to a cleaner burn.
- Aesthetic Appeal – The traditional and rustic appearance of cow dung diyas can enhance the aesthetic appeal of religious ceremonies and festive decorations.
A cow dung diya, often referred to as gobar diya, is an ecofriendly diya made primarily from cow dung. Traditionally used in various Indian festivities and religious ceremonies, these lamps embody the essence of sustainability. Instead of synthetic materials, the cow dung diya utilizes natural ingredients, making it a popular choice among environmentally-conscious individuals.
With the rising awareness about ecofriendly diya, the demand for cow dung deepam has surged, thus leading Organic Gyaan to offer cow dung diyas online. This accessibility of buying cow dung diyas online from Organic Gyaan is not only convenient but also provides a plethora of choices for buyers, accommodating varying preferences and budgets.
As for the cow dung diya price, Organic Gyaan offers you the best price, making it an attractive option for many households during the festive season. The word 'diya' traditionally means a lamp, and with the integration of cow dung as its primary material, it beautifully marries tradition with sustainability.
How To Use Cow Dung Diya?
- Choose a safe spot where you'd like to place the cow dung diya, preferably on a flat and stable surface. Ensure the location is away from flammable materials and not in the direct path of strong winds if placed outside.
- Take a cotton wick and twist it gently to form a pointy end. Insert this end into the designated hole or groove of the diya.
- Pour a sufficient amount of A2 Cow Ghee into the diya so that the base of the wick is immersed but not completely submerged.
- Using a matchstick or a lighter, carefully light the exposed part of the wick. Ensure your hands or clothing are not directly above the diya when lighting.
- Never leave the lit diya unattended & keep it out of reach from children and pets.
- Once the cow dung diya has cooled down after use, you can store it in a cool, dry place for future use.