Benefits & More
- Rich in protein: Black gram is a good source of plant-based protein. It contains all essential amino acids, making it a valuable protein source for vegetarians and vegans.
- High in fiber: Urad dal black split is rich in dietary fiber, which aids in digestion and helps maintain a healthy digestive system.
- Good source of iron: Black gram is an excellent source of iron, an essential mineral involved in oxygen transport, energy production, and the formation of red blood cells.
- Provides essential minerals: Apart from iron, urad dal black split contains other essential minerals such as magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and calcium.
- Low glycemic index: Urad dal black split has a low glycemic index, which means it causes a gradual rise in blood sugar levels. This property makes it beneficial for individuals with diabetes or those aiming to manage blood sugar levels.
- Antioxidant properties: Black gram contains various antioxidants like polyphenols and flavonoids that help protect the body against oxidative stress caused by harmful free radicals.
Black gram, or split black gram, urad ki daal, or black daal, is a nutritious legume widely used in culinary preparations. The split dal, also referred to as mashkalai dal or black split gram, offers a unique flavor and a range of health benefits.
Black gram urad dal is a popular ingredient in Indian cuisine and is a staple in many households. The dal is obtained by removing the outer black skin of whole black gram and splitting the seeds. The resulting lentils are small, creamy white, and have a distinct earthy flavor.
These split black gram lentils are delicious and packed with essential nutrients. They are an excellent source of plant-based protein, making them a valuable dietary component for vegetarians and vegans. Additionally, they provide dietary fiber, which aids in digestion and promotes a healthy digestive system.
One of the notable characteristics of black gram is its low glycemic index, making it suitable for individuals with diabetes or those aiming to manage blood sugar levels. Moreover, its antioxidant properties protect the body against oxidative stress and may positively impact preventing chronic diseases.