7 Amazing Health Benefits Of Himalayan Pink Salt
Himalayan pink salt is all throughout. It is not only a common choice for interior decoration but also used for various purposes such as cooking and for spa treatments like salt therapy. But being said that let’s know everything about Himalayan pink salt:
What is Himalayan Pink Salt?
As the name suggests itself, it occurs in shades of pink and subtle hues of orange. Himalayan pink salt is considered to be the purest salt on the planet earth. The reason is, that millions of years ago there was a tectonic shift of plates due to the mass evaporation of seawater landlocked by the mountains. Himalayan pink salt is majorly found in Himalayan salt mines located at the foothills of the Himalayan mountains in the Punjab region of Pakistan. It is primarily extracted from the Khewra salt mines, therefore the salt originally comes in big chunks. These huge chunks are then cut and given desired shapes and sizes. For use in the kitchen, this salt is ground into coarse grains.
What Is the Difference Between Himalayan Pink Salt & Regular Salt?
Firstly, the Himalayan pink salt is a minimally processed, unrefined salt that’s mostly free of additives and chemicals. This yields a pure natural salt. Whereas, the regular salt which is available in the market is refined, processed and contains chemicals in order to eliminate impurities from the salt. But, ultimately having such processed, chemically infused salt is not nutritious and healthy for the human body.
Secondly, Himalayan pink salt and regular salt mostly contain the same amount of sodium chloride in it. However, the natural harvesting process allows Himalayan pink salt to possess many other minerals and trace elements that are not found in regular table salt. Research states that Himalayan pink salt may contain as many as 84 trace minerals which are extremely important and beneficial for the functioning of our bodies. Also, these very minerals, especially iron, give it its characteristic pink colour to the salt.
Health Benefits of Himalayan Pink Salt
- Improved Digestion: Being rich in minerals, Himalayan pink salt may help to balance your body’s pH levels. This may boost immunity and help you to better process and digest the food.
- Maintains Blood Pressure levels: Himalayan pink salt is rich in iodine which is effective in creating electrolyte balance in the body and ultimately manages blood pressure levels.
- Help Detoxify Body: Having a trace of 84 minerals, having Himalayan pink salt will naturally detoxify your body and promote the removal of toxins.
- Aids Hydration: Himalayan pink salt is a rich source of minerals and electrolytes so drinking water with a pinch of Himalayan pink salt will help you regain your energy and keep you hydrated.
- Therapeutic Benefits: You can combine Himalayan pink salt with coconut oil to exfoliate you your dry skin and improve skin health.
- Purifies Air: Himalayan pink salt isn’t just for cooking it can also be used as salt lamps to purify indoor air and improve overall well-being. It is hygroscopic in nature. It cleanses the environment of pollutants and positive ions.
- Respiratory Benefits: Adding a pinch of Himalayan pink salt in steam water may help resolve sinus problems and may also alleviate symptoms of asthma, bronchitis and other nose and throat discomforts.
So, it’s time to feed your body with additive-free and chemical-free Himalayan pink salt. It’s natural, pure and contains much more nutrient value than refined, regular salt!