What Is Bilona Ghee, Its Price, And Its Benefits?
Bilona ghee is a type of ghee made from the milk of desi A2 cows, as opposed to regular ghee which is made from cow's milk of any breed. A2 cows are considered a desi breed of cows and their milk is believed to be of a higher quality than that of other breeds. A2 cows are known to produce milk that is easier to digest and is considered to be healthier than milk from other breeds.
It is made by heating butter in a clay pot, called a Bilona until the milk solids separate and the liquid ghee is left behind. The ghee is then strained and cooled. Bilona ghee is considered to be of a higher quality than regular clarified butter because of the traditional method used to make it and the fact that it is made from A2 cow's milk which is considered sacred in Hinduism. It is rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. It can be used in a variety of dishes and has several health benefits.
Bilona cow ghee is used in a variety of Indian dishes, including curries, dals, and sweets. It is also used as a cooking oil and a condiment. It is known for its distinct flavour and aroma, resulting from the traditional method of preparation.
YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOI3eq_PSa8
The Traditional Method of making Bilona Cow Ghee: A Step-By-Step Guide
The traditional method of making Bilona A2 cow ghee is quite different from that of making regular ghee. Bilona ghee uses milk from pure A2 cows. A2 cows are considered to be a pure breed of cows and their milk is believed to be of a higher quality than that of other breeds. Here is a step-by-step guide to the ghee-making process:
Start by obtaining high-quality A2 cow's milk. A2 cows are Gir cows which are grazed freely without any cruelty. Thus, the milk obtained from these Gir A2 cows is fresh, pure and has a higher vibrational frequency.
Next, this A2 cow milk is further curdled by adding a small amount of A2 curd which is made from A2 cow milk.
Once the curdling is done, the A2 milk is poured into the mud pot and the bilona process is taken forward. This mud pot is then placed over a low flame generated from cow dung cakes and cooked until the butterfat separates from the whey.
The butterfat is collected and poured into a separate container. The butterfat is then heated again until it becomes clear and the milk solids have separated.
After heating, the A2 cow ghee is strained through a muslin cloth to remove any impurities and then cooled. Once cooled, the ghee is stored in an airtight container and can be used for cooking, as a condiment, or in Ayurvedic medicine and religious rituals.
It's important to note that Bilona A2 cow ghee is made by hand using traditional methods, so the process may vary slightly depending on the individual maker.
Youtube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOI3eq_PSa8
Health Benefits of Bilona Cow Ghee
Bilona A2 cow ghee is believed to have many health benefits due to its unique production process and the fact that it is made from A2 cow's milk. Here are a few of the potential health benefits associated with Bilona cow ghee:
1. Rich in Nutrients: Bilona cow ghee is a rich source of vitamins A, D, E, and K, as well as essential fatty acids and antioxidants.
2. Boosts Immunity: Bilona cow ghee is known to have anti-inflammatory properties that can help to boost the immune system and protect against illnesses.
3. Good for the Heart: Bilona cow ghee contains high levels of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), which is known to be beneficial for heart health.
4. Anti-Ageing Properties: Bilona cow ghee is also believed to have anti-ageing properties, which can help to keep the skin looking youthful and radiant.
5. Aids in Weight Loss: Bilona cow ghee is known to increase the rate of metabolism and aids in weight loss.
6. Good for Bones: Bilona cow ghee contains high levels of K2, which is important for bone health and can help to prevent osteoporosis.
7. Easier to Digest: Bilona cow ghee is considered to be a healthier alternative to regular ghee because it is made from pure A2 cow's milk which is known to be easier to digest, especially for people who are lactose intolerant.
8. Supports Brain Development: Bilona cow ghee is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for brain development in infants and young children. These fatty acids may also help reduce inflammation in the brain and support cognitive function.
Youtube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0vCFUn5ftE
How Bilona Cow Ghee Can Improve Skin Texture?
Bilona cow ghee is believed to have a number of benefits for the skin, due to its high concentration of fatty acids and antioxidants. Here are a few ways that it may be able to improve skin texture:
1. Moisturizes the Skin: Bilona cow ghee is an excellent moisturizer, as it contains high levels of fatty acids that can help to hydrate and nourish the skin. It is easily absorbed by the skin and helps to keep it soft and smooth.
2. Reduces Inflammation: Bilona cow ghee is known to have anti-inflammatory properties, which can help to reduce redness and puffiness in the skin, and also prevent the formation of wrinkles.
3. Aids In Cell Repair: The antioxidants present in Bilona cow ghee can help to protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals, and also aids in cell repair.
4. Lightens Dark Spots: Bilona cow ghee is also believed to be effective in reducing dark spots, blemishes, and hyper-pigmentation, due to the presence of fatty acids and antioxidants.
5. Anti-Ageing Properties: Bilona cow ghee is also known to have anti-ageing properties that can help to keep the skin looking youthful and radiant.
It's important to note that while Bilona cow ghee may be beneficial for the skin, it is always recommended to do a patch test before applying it to the skin, as some people may be allergic to it.
Use of Bilona Cow Ghee in Ayurveda
Bilona cow ghee has a rich history in Ayurveda and has been used for centuries for its numerous health benefits. Some of the ways in which Bilona cow ghee is used in Ayurveda include:
1. As a Carrier Oil: Bilona cow ghee is used as a carrier oil for herbal remedies, helping to carry the active ingredients into the body for maximum efficacy.
2. As a Lubricant: Bilona cow ghee is used as a lubricant for the joints and tissues, helping to reduce inflammation and pain.
3. As a Digestive Aid: Bilona cow ghee is used to aid in digestion, helping to soothe and lubricate the digestive tract.
4. For Skin and Hair Health: Bilona cow ghee is used as a moisturizer for the skin and hair, helping to hydrate and nourish them.
5. As a Remedy for Respiratory Issues: Bilona cow ghee may help resolve respiratory issues such as bronchitis and asthma, helping to soothe and lubricate the respiratory tract.
In conclusion, Bilona cow ghee is a versatile and essential ingredient in Ayurvedic medicine, helping to promote overall health and wellness.
Why Bilona Cow Ghee is Better in Comparison to Regular Ghee?
Bilona cow ghee is considered to be better than regular ghee due to the following reasons:
Bilona A2 Cow Ghee V/S Regular ghee
· Made from the milk of A2 Gir cows (Indian Desi Breed)
· Made from the milk of jersey/mixed breed cows.
· Made using a traditional method called the Bilona process of low flame.
· It is processed in machinery at very high temperatures.
· Nutrients Remain Intact & have high nutritional value.
· Nutrients are washed off in the process & hence lower nutritional value.
· Authentic taste, flavour and aroma
· Neutral or Bland Taste
· Longer Shelf Life
· Shorter Shelf Life
1. The Traditional method of Preparation: Bilona A2 cow ghee is made using the traditional hand-churned method, known as "Bilona". This method involves heating the milk and then churning it to extract the butter. The butter is then slow-cooked to remove the moisture and impurities, resulting in pure and rich ghee.
2. Nutritional Value: Bilona A2 cow ghee is rich in vitamins A, D, E and K, making it a great source of nutrition. It also contains antioxidants, anti-inflammatory properties and essential fatty acids, making it a healthy alternative to regular ghee.
3. Aroma and Taste: Bilona A2 cow ghee has a rich, nutty aroma and a creamy, smooth taste. This is due to the slow-cooking process and the use of high-quality A2 milk.
4. No Harmful Chemicals: Bilona A2 cow ghee is made without any harmful chemicals or preservatives, making it a safer and healthier option than regular ghee.
5. Long Shelf Life: Bilona A2 cow ghee has a longer shelf life compared to regular ghee. This is because it is free from impurities and contains antioxidants that help preserve the ghee for longer.
6. Price: Bilona A2 cow ghee is relatively more expensive than regular ghee due to its unique process of making, using pure A2 cow's milk, and is not mass-produced.
In conclusion, Bilona A2 cow ghee is a healthier and tastier alternative to regular ghee, making it a great choice for those looking to improve their diet and overall health.
Finding high-quality and affordable Bilona cow ghee can be a bit of a challenge, as it is not as widely available as regular ghee. If you are in search of high-quality Bilona A2 cow ghee, Organic Gyan is the perfect destination for you. With our commitment to quality and customer satisfaction, you can trust that you are getting the best product available. So, buy now and discover the many benefits of Bilona cow ghee.