Benefits & More
Green gram is packed with vitamins and minerals.
It's a rich source of plant-based protein for vegetarians and vegans.
It also contains folate, magnesium, iron, zinc, and some B vitamins.
High in fiber, green gram can support the health of your digestive.
Green gram can help to lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Green gram can help to reduce food cravings by keeping you feeling full between meals.
Rich in Antioxidants, which can help protect your cells from damage by free radicals.
A green gram, often referred to as moong whole, moong dal whole, or moong gram, is a small, round legume that is green in colour. This highly nutritious food, also known as green moong dal or green gram dal, is a staple in many parts of the world, particularly in Asian countries.
Green gram boasts a rich, subtly sweet flavour, and its high fibre and protein content make it a satisfying addition to many meals. Green moong, commonly known as moong sabut in India, is a vital ingredient in various dishes, from dals and stews to salads and stir-fries.
Furthermore, green gram dal is a favourite in many vegetarian and vegan diets as a plant-based protein source. In addition, green moong, or hari moong dal as it's known in some regions, is easily digestible, making it a common food for individuals recovering from illness or those with sensitive digestion.
Green Moong Benefits
- Ideal for individuals with high uric acid levels, supporting their dietary needs.
- Contains anti-aging properties that help in maintaining youthful skin and vitality.
- Strengthens the immune system, enhancing overall health and well-being.
- Rich in nutrients that promote good eye health and prevent age-related vision problems.
- Nourishes hair follicles, stimulating healthy hair growth and enhancing hair quality.