Delicious Millet Pulao Recipe: A Wholesome Delight for Every Meal
- 30 gms of any millet
- ¼ cup chopped carrots
- 10 gms french beans
- 4 small cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoon green peas
- 1 teaspoon kewra water optional
- 6-8 Cashews
- 2 tablespoon A2 Ghee
- 8-10 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 inch cinnamon piece
- 6-8 Clove
- 4-5 Cardamom
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 Green chilli slit
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate to garnish
- Wash millets thoroughly and soak them in 2 cups of water for 6-8 Hrs.
- In a heavy bottomed vessel or mud pot, heat half the ghee (1 tablespoon). Add items given under 'to temper' in order.
- Add vegetables except green peas & fry for 1 minute.
- Drain water from millets & add to the veggies. Roast for 1 more minute.
- Pour 1 & ¾ cup water to it. Add salt, kewra water and boil for 2 mins. By now the millets will be half cooked. Lower the flame and add green peas.
- Mix and cook covered for 10 mins in low flame.
- Once done, open and mix well (just 2-3 turns)Keep aside for 5 mins. Meanwhile, fry cashews in remaining A2 ghee until golden and crisp.
- Add to pulao and serve. It is important to give standing time for the millet to become fluffy and soft.
- This recipe serves 1 person.